Friday, July 6, 2012

New Bahama Beach Bathroom on a Budget


I've been working on redecorating my guest bathroom. It has gone from a dark red NYC theme to my new "Bahama Beach Bathroom". I managed to redecorate this room (start to finish) in two days. The total approximate cost of redecorating this bathroom for me was $250. This includes everything in the room and on the wall (including paint!). I love the feeling of completing a project I've wanted to do for a while!


Want to know how I managed to redecorate and still stay within a strict budget? Read on!
Paint and supplies to paint: $65. This was the most expensive cost. I got the primer/paint combination. I already had the white satin for the door frame and baseboards from painting when I moved in. It should be noted that you should save your paint for touch-ups and such. Store it at room temp.

The mirror I got on clearance at Bed, Bath and Beyond for $29 (with tax). The shells on the ledge are part of a mix of shells I bought on clearance at Kohl's for $5. The sea biscuit and sand dollar I picked up and bleached when I was in the Bahamas last summer.

The soap dish was $4 at Big Lots. The Hurricane Jar with the seascape was $5. I got the jar at half price at Hobby Lobby. (Note-depending on the week, Hobby Lobby puts a lot of their decor items on sale at half off...you just have to go the right week)
The Plug in is a Scentsy Sand Dollar plug in. It was a Christmas gift...so free! I got several scents for it at a garage sale for $3.

The free standing picture frames were both on clearance at Kohls and the pictures inside them were ones I took while in the Bahamas. (both frames for $12)

The two picture frames on the wall were half price at Hobby Lobby *again...just have to watch the adds and go on the right week. Frames are normally half off every other week. The pictures were blown up and framed. I got one pic blown up for free using a coupon from Walmart. The other was a deal at CVS for $3.

The hook on the wall was $2.50 at Hobby Lobby (1/2 price that week). The towels I found at Target for $16 total. The baskets were half price at Hobby Lobby totaling $17.50. One basket I just took some wire and nails that I had in the garage and turned it into a wall shelf. The shower curtain, liner and hooks totaled $40 at Kohls. The sandcastle on the toilet is a Party Lite piece and holds a candle. Got it at a garage sale for $5.

The shells on the picture frame are part of the bag that I bought that is mentioned earlier. The bath rug was in my master bath...but as I'm redecorating that, I moved it to this bathroom.

Total purchased to transform my bathroom: $207



2 comments:

  1. I know this is old post but it came up when I googled beach bathrooms. Do you remember what color blue you used? You did a great job making a beach themed bathroom.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynn! The paint is a Behr Ultra Color called "Ocean View". Got the paint from Home Depot.

    ReplyDelete